Low Carb / Keto Muffins
- 1¼ cup almond flour (8g)
- ¾ cup Bacon’s Heir Pork Panko
- 3 tablespoons Otto’s Cassava flour (19g)
- 1 tablespoon lucuma (a natural sweetener) optional (6g)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon Redmond Real Salt
- 1 cup cooked bacon, roughly chopped
- 1 cup raw milk, room temperature (12g)
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- ¼ cup butter, melted and slightly cooled
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon NOW Better Stevia, maple flavor
- 6 tablespoons Bacon’s Heir Pork Panko
- 4 strips of cooked bacon, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons maple sugar (6g)
- pinch of Redmond Real Salt
Recipe courtesy of our friend: @backporchpaleo
Preheat oven to 385° and line 10-12 wells of a muffin tin with parchment liners.
Prepare topping, by combining all ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine almond flour, pork panko, cassava flour, lucuma powder, baking powder and salt. Whisk to combine well then toss in bacon. Set aside.
In another medium bowl, add raw milk, eggs, butter, vanilla and stevia. Whisk until eggs are completely incorporated. Pour into dry ingredients and mix together well with a rubber spatula and let batter set for about one minute.
Fill prepared muffin tins and distribute topping evenly among them. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until center springs back when gently touched.
Remove from oven and let cool for 3 minutes in tin and then remove to a rack to finish cooling.
*approximately 52 TNC for entire recipe ~ 10 muffins = 5.2 TNC/each - 12 muffins = 4.33 TNC/each