Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 20 mins
Author: Maria Emmerich
- 4 (8 ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breast, pounded to ½ inch thickness
- 2 large eggs, separated, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon water
- ½ cup Pork panko crumbs (crust pork rinds) (OR powdered Parmesan cheese if not dairy free)
- 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- ½ teaspoon Redmond Real Salt (use code Maria15 for 15% off!)
- 1 teaspoon fresh Ground pepper
- Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil Spray (use code Maria for 20% off!)
- 1 jar Primal Kitchen Tomato Basil Sauce (use code Maria for 20% off!)
Recipe courtesy of our friend: @mariaemmerich
Preheat air fryer to 390 degrees F.
Use a mallet or rolling pin to pound out the chicken breast to ½ inch thickness.
Crack the eggs into a shallow baking dish. Beat in the water. Place the pork panko (or powdered Parmesan) in another shallow baking dish, add basil and pepper, and mix until well combined.
Dredge chicken in the eggs and let any excess drip off, then dip both sides of the chicken in the pork panko mixture. Spray the coating with Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil Spray.
Set the coated chicken into the air fryer and cook for 10 minutes, flipping after 5; or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink inside.
Meanwhile heat the Primal Kitchen sauce in a small sauce pot over medium heat. Place ½ cup of sauce on each plate.
Serve the chicken immediately on the marinara sauce.
Garnish with fresh basil leaves.
Store the chicken in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. To reheat, place in air fryer at 390 degrees F for 5 minutes, or until heated through.
598 calories, 28g fat, 75g protein, 11g carbs, 2g fiber